Friday, March 6, 2009

Comfort Eating

I had a bad day at work today. It looks like our division is going to be restructured, however we will all be keeping our jobs (I hope!) I know in these turbulent times as long as none of us are retrenched we have nothing to complain about; but none of us were very happy.

Anyway, so of the division said they were going to go to the gym, which is what I should have done - gone to a Body Combat class and worked out some frustration. What did I do? Come home and pig out.

I wouldn't consider myself a binge eater, but I definitely use food too much - either to celebrate or commiserate.

Something good happens, I would go out and celebrate with dinner (which of course would include a decadent desert). Something bad happens, I go and eat comfort food.

I have been pretty happy with my eating for the rest of the week, but I'm not looking forward to the scales on Sunday morning!

I moved to Sydney from the Gold Coast at the start of January, and I'm going back for a weekend the week before Easter. So I really want to lose some weight before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment